Considering a cycle to work scheme can be beneficial for both your company as well as your employees regardless of the number of candidates you recruit. As an employer you can save on taxes and National Contributions if you decide to participate in cycle to work scheme. When you buy the cycles and the cycling equipments, you will be deemed eligible for capital for this capital expenditure due to your participation in cycle to work scheme.
Apart from the financial benefits, participating in a bike to work scheme results in a lot of other benefits for you and your employees. Using this means of transport to cover the journey from residence to workplace offers a positive influence on health. Employees will remain fit and fine. This helps in the reduction of the use of motor vehicles which means less carbon is emitted in the environment. You can contribute your bit to make earth a safer and better place to live by participating in bike to work scheme.
When you as an employer register with this scheme, you need to provide certain facilities to your employees commuting in cycles between work and home. So, what are the facilities? Take a look at the following to know about them:
- Bike parking facilities of parking bikes nearby, i.e. places safe and secured for parking bikes used by the employees;
- Proper was rooms and changing rooms for employees commuting longer distances in cycles;
- Locker rooms for storing the belongings and accessories of the employees;
- Providing cycles and cycling equipment to the employees, this falls under the cycle to work scheme;
- Providing repair and maintenance related facilities to the employees using the bicycles on site or nearby;
- Developing incentive schemes and rewards for employees commuting in cycles; and
- Imparting training to the employees who wish to avail the cycle to work scheme.
These are the facilities that an employer registering with the bike to work scheme should provide to his or her employees. Therefore, as an employer, you should pay close attention to these factors.
Cycle to work scheme is indeed, advantageous for both the employer and the employees. When you offer the right facilities, it ensures that the majority of the employees use cycles for commuting between work and home.